You are not logged in.

Announcement

Keep the board alive - BTC 3A75p7qKD9zjTLbn8qUsuZP4jTcK5d5qvC

#1 2018-07-30 03:43:38

TrueGoreArt
VIP
Website

The brutal art of Jon E(vil).

My name is Jon, and i'm an artist. The style i of work i have produced over the years has the common theme of 'death'.
If i was to make a statement about it, "Bringing the reality of extreme violence to the masses."
Obviously, this doesn't down well with 'the masses' and over the last 20 years there has been few successes, alot of bullshit and a couple calls to the POLICE.
The preferred avenue now is video, i still go to gallerys, but only as a visitor. I once told a person working in one,
"If i had an exhibition here, i'd find your limits and that would be my start point."
I'll update this thread at the end of month with what iv been working on.
What i do are remakes of videos posted on various gore sites, typically you can't really laugh to much at most of it, but there is somthing funny when it is done in stop motion.
COMMENTS. Iv had every kind comment written to me, praise, threats, telling me to kill myself, it's all shit and im wasting my time.
Say what want, just don't break the forum rules. Thanks will be noted, nonsense quietly laughed at.
All the best and enjoy the show.
Jon E(vil).

There are over 400 videos here. https://vimeo.com/user19716607
For anyone who wants something a bit more serious, every weekend im making a new print in blood.
The process is simple, i draw a template on either my shins, thighs or chest, cut it and make a series of prints using paper towels, while enjoying a nice homebrew beer and listening to Cannibal Corpse. More info on the blog.
http://jonfirth.blogspot.com/2018/04/th … ya-in.html

Do you make those videos entirely from scratch?!  If so, you, sir, are a fucking genius.

#2 2018-08-01 09:24:44

undeadcorpse

Re: The brutal art of Jon E(vil).

Cool you found Ogrish again!!

#3 2018-08-01 11:35:55

Freak
ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ

these are actually pretty good and funny hehe

Freak
mini_ogrishforum1black.jpg

#4 2018-08-29 02:48:11

TrueGoreArt
VIP
Website

The month of August.

Do you make those videos entirely from scratch?!  If so, you, sir, are a fucking genius.

#5 2018-09-29 14:07:16

TrueGoreArt
VIP
Website

#6 2018-09-29 15:11:29

Freak
ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ

would you ever consider adding fx via adobe software? for example blood splatter where its hard to achieve a good shot

Freak

#7 2018-09-30 14:01:06

TrueGoreArt
VIP
Website

Freak wrote:

would you ever consider adding fx via adobe software? for example blood splatter where its hard to achieve a good shot

Thanks for the question. smile (this will be a long and interesting answer. lol!!)
Not really. I wasn't too happy when i finished the 'boxing fight' and did think about adding 'blood' to the face of KO'd fighter, this would have meant going thru about 50-60 images out of just over 100 and adding 'blood' in increasing amounts. Or re-doing it.
The situation with what i work with is simple, in the extreme. I have an old laptop with windows movie maker that i use to put together the videos. Before the previous 100$ camera, basicly shit itself. I would set the video going and then pause it creating a 'large' video file that i could speed up in cam to see the footage. Now i have another basic 100$ camera that doesn't allow for that so i have to take numerous photos, the quality is better. I can flick thur them on the camera and get an 'idea' of what iv got. From there i record that audio and make each photo .32 of a second. When its all finished i turn my little office chair aound and upload it to the net on another, cheap but better laptop.
   Im not opposed to fx via decent software, but i wouldn't know how to use it, and i would get really annoyed very quickly i expect.
I try to keep things practical and simple to give a sense of realisim, CGI makes the viewer instantly think "this is created completely in a computer." I have used watered down red paint as blood. My avatar is the Armstrong beheading from the Iraq war. This was done using a tube thru a doll with two feet glued to the 'set', the camera rolling and me operating the 'blood bottle' and the arms to do the beheading.
The lack of interest in what i do have also had an effect on me spending any money to create better videos.
Honestly, the response to my art in general has been veiled hostility or deafening silence. A couple of years ago a reporter came to see me, he recently did the 'Dark Tourism' series on Netflix. That was a bolt out of the blue, i won't go into what happened, but he can to see me and never came back.

I am going to 'colour over' a bunch of images for an xmas video which is probably as fx as ill be getting this year.
The view numbers on Twitter and Instagram/Facebook are pretty small and i simply try to make a decent 1-2 a week that make me go, "Fuck!! that is funny/sick!!"

Thank you very much Freak for your interest.
You are now fan number 5. smile
I count undeadcorpse, a bloke in england from the previous ogrish site, active on goregrish, i assume they still watch, i update a thread on there as well, an artist bloke from Egypt who found me on Vimeo and likes to see the originals along with the remakes, and a young lady in twitter from America, i feel her enthusiasm is waning thou due to a lack of activity.

The lastest Goya blood print for The Disasters of War series was called.    "One cannot look at this."
Kinda sums up what i create in a way.
Take care, Jon. smile

Last edited by TrueGoreArt (2018-09-30 14:07:13)

#8 2018-09-30 20:38:43

Freak
ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ

You could put up a youtube channel - that would work better than vimeo. You could also do other stuff rather than the gore which im sure it would blast off pretty quickly with popularity.
btw undeadcorpse is a mod on here

Freak

#9 2018-10-27 07:30:24

TrueGoreArt
VIP
Website

^Iv started a new Y.T. channel, I'll see how things go. :-)

#10 2018-10-27 18:05:59

Freak
ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ

post your channel bitch

Freak

#11 2018-11-26 02:33:09

TrueGoreArt
VIP
Website

November.

Cannibal Corpse album covers animated.

Last edited by TrueGoreArt (2018-11-26 02:50:12)

Users in this topic: 0 guests, 0 registered users

Board footer